Wellington Bouldering Success
Wow what a weekend! Well done to everyone that competed at the Climbing New Zealand 2019 National Bouldering Championships at Hangdog.
The standard and depth in each of the age groups seems to be increasing with each event and the training and commitment everyone has been putting in definitely came through. We saw some exceptional climbs as well as a lot of tenacity and resilience in the face of some really challenging problems.
It is always challenging for the route setters to accomodate different abilities and strengths within each category and this year they continued to find ways to both challenge climbers and provide loads of fun!
The Dynomites had 26 climbers in the finals and as a club we now have 5 National Bouldering Champions for 2019!
Congratulations to the following climbers who, in a very competitive field, made the podium:
- Masters Male - 2nd Mick Domaneschi
- Masters Female - 1st Rochelle Andrews
- Junior Male - 3rd David Sheppard
- Youth A Female - 2nd Jaymie Tervoort, 3rd Phoebe Kenderdine
- Youth B Female - 2nd Bella Domaneschi, 3rd Kiri Shibahara
- Youth B Male - 1st Oskar Wolff
- Youth C Male - 1st Mac Duggan
- Youth C Female - 1st Meredith Butcher
- Youth D Male - 1st Jamie Birchler, 2nd Will Browne
- Youth D Female - 2nd Harriet Martin
Everyone who competes in the competition contributes towards a team score and Dynomites scored 2190 points, more than twice the points of the next team.
A truely outstanding effort, we are so proud of you all!!!